History of Sansthan
(The information based on the original documents of Sansthan)
In the holy presence of Shri Gajanan Maharaj the body of 12 trustees was unanimously formed on 12-09-1908 with an objective to co-memorate this holy place where Shree hinted for
Specially to note, this Sansthan came into existence in 1908 in the holy presence of Shree Maharaj. Because Shree Maharaj had foretold ‘Ya Jagi Rahil Re’ hinted at the specific place and day for his
On 12-09-1909 a joint meeting was held as per the instructions of Maharaj in the grocery shop of Late Narayan Kadtaji Patil, where Shree’s devotees, Shegaon’s citizens and tradesmen had a brainstorming on the arrangements to be made in the Sansthan. Maharaj also present in this meeting. ThusSansthan’s first working committee was established
A Blackstone from Wadegaon, Balapur (around 30 kms from Shegaon) area was brought. The masons from Nagpur, Late Kisan Mistri and Late Khandu Mistri innovatively created the Samadhi temple. On the holy occasion of the completion of 100 Years of Samadhi, the Shree temple was renovated with marble stones and was also made specious.